Hi, I had created a new field 'Service Downtime' which showed the total outage time. i was successfull in doing so but the problem is when i add that column to probsummary.qbe.g list in order to export it to excel (through 'Modify columns') it shows blank. this is what i did.... -i created a dbdict, datadict record for the new field -added a calculation in fc for IM.close.incident to calculate total outage time. WHAT SHOULD I DO so that i can see that in qbe list and export it? PLEASE HELP!!!!
it seems for me, that the value of your new field isn't saved to the database, you can see on the form since you calculate it on the display and init events, but when you save the incident record, this value won't be saved as well.
You can check it if you delete the true conditions from the fc and open a record where the field should be filled.
In QBE lists you can see the result of a db query so it'll shows the value only if it's saved to the db.
At first I think you should change the datatype of the field from DATE to DATETIME, I think this is why it can't be stored in the db.
I saw on your screenshot that the SQL Type is DATE, so you need to change the SQL Type from DATE to DATETIME. If you doubleclick a dbdict line you can edit the SQL data type, I've attached a screenshot how should be seen your dbdict record.
I think we need to do an other test to be sure my idea is proper:
let's add this line to fc : service.down in $file = downtime.end in $file
instead of your original one. Then try to save a record, then Service Down should appear in the qbe list if the data format cause the issue. I think it would be a big step if we can sure about this by this quick test.