Disable Change Password option under miscellaneous from ess.do
I want to disable/hide the Change Password option under miscellaneous from the ess.do welcome page.
Reason: The self service users are integrated with AD. So all password changes has to be done from AD rather then changing from Service Manager web console. In short the self service users won't have any right to change the password. Only the system admin can change the password that too in AD.
Re: Disable Change Password option under miscellaneous from ess.do
To disable Change Password on the ess.do menu, please take the following steps:
1. Go to your SM Window Client -> Type "menu" in the command line or go to Navigator toolbat -? Tailoring-> Menus-> Search for "ESSSM".
2. When the ESSSM menu appear, first, please try to backup the menu by unload the current menu. Or you can change the name of the current menu and add the new one with name ESSSM.
3. Diable the Change Password menu by clear the line, or change the Condition to true.
4. Save your menu and disconnect and reconnect the SM window client.
5. Log out and log in your web client.
Please take those steps and let me know if you have any question or concern!
Thank you and Best regards,
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.