I can't understand why people with some User Roles do not see buttons Save , Save Exit on form CM.task (people with other User Role see the buttons).
These people should see these buttons because in thier Change Management profiles appropriate permissions are set. Moreover I even tried to select all permissions available in the profile but it didn't help.
Then I began to investigate why these buttons are not visible and why all the fields on the form are in disabled state. I found appropriate display option "cm.view.display_save" and found out that $L.update.flag and $L.editable.flag are FALSE for this users (I turned on RAD Debugger for them). Then I looked at DS "cm.view.display" and found out that the root cause of the issue is FALSE value of "evaluate($L.tableAccess.update) " in the initialization expression
$L.upd.control=parse(strrep(str(upd.control in $L.phase), "$L.file", "$L.filed"), 4);$L.update.flag=evaluate($L.upd.control) and (evaluate(closed.update in $L.env) and open in $L.filed=false or evaluate($L.tableAccess.update) and open in $L.filed~=false)
for those users.
Please direct me how to understand why UPDATE permission is not set for Change Task for the particular User Role. How to DEBUG this variable $L.tableAccess.update , where should I go further to investigate the issue?
Hi epam, First of all check as Vadim said after that you could also look in to phase definition of change task. In definition there is field "Update" and expression placed here also evaluated to allow user to have the option of save. as per your condition upd.control in $L.phase is expression for phase.
also evaluate($L.tableAccess.update) is append with "or" condition so this should not be the culprit.
____________________________________ Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
The problematic user role had two Ch.M. profiles - "change analyst change" and "change analyst task". Both profiles had permissions for two security folder. For "EPAM folder" all permissions were set to true in "..change" profile and in "..task" profile. During my experiments, I decided to merge both profiles in SINGLE one, and I've done it by modifying "change analyst task" profile - set it to "All" instead of "Task" and selected missing check boxes from "..change" profile. Thus, as a result, I have got absolutly the same set of permissions but in SINGLE profile instead of 2 profiles. Then I modified my User Role- deleted excess profile "..change" and left the only one - "..task". That's all! It began to work.
Every day I "love" this system more and more. Sometimes its behaviour is absolutly unpredictable :( .