The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web console

Highlighted
giga
Super Collector

web console

hello,
I am using ovsd 5.0 sp1.
Can you please tell me, how to remove SERVICE EVENT, SERVICE TODAY and SUPPORT EVENT from web console "Object Type".

thank you
Giga
4 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: web console

I don't think you can. Because they are "super objects" and not subject to ACCESS RIGHTS within ROLES the code makes its own decision to show them - this is a PAIN!
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Ahhh Service Pages. During the demo they'll tell you its the answer to all your self-service needs. Once its up and running you realize there is no customization what so ever, while HP tells you "thanks for buying our product, now go code your own". Having coded your own with the Service Pages API you're now told "You touched our code! We're never supporting you again!!"

Meanwhile every single competing software has a robust (or at least more robust) Self Service offering.

"Enterprise" level software my ass.

I have half a mind to download the demo version of TrackIt.
Jov
Honored Contributor

Well next time HP comes around to get you to renew your support contract, you'll have a wishlist ready! :)

Jov
Abhishek RVRK S
Occasional Contributor

It has taken me a good 3 weeks to get SD running - And not without problems - With Tomcat,Apache,the JDK....and then,stuff that won't work on installing on one server - works perfectly on another!

I was reading through the manuals,a lot of manuals simply seem to have been repackaged from older versions - A lot of the filenames are archaic.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event