Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

web console installation for SD 4.5

Highlighted
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

web console installation for SD 4.5

Hi
I have SD 4.5 Setup in one mchine. I want to install webconsole on the other machine. When i am trying to install it is throwing an eror that "Could not find a valid Java Virtual machine to load.You may need to reinstall the supported Java virtual machine." I am trying with the latest virsion also. But it is giving the same error. Please let me know what are the prerequisites for webconsole and why this error is coming?
11 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: web console installation for SD 4.5

Have you done a reboot after installing Java?
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

Ya I rebooted the system after installing JVM
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

You need the Java developers kit (minmum version 1.4) not just the Java virtual Machine. You can get the JDK from the SUN webite (www.sun.com)
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

I downloaded JDK 5.0 and installed and resparted the PC, and then tried to install webconsole but even I am getting the same error.
Stephan Conrad_
Respected Contributor.

Hallo jayaramu,

try to install the Java SDK 1.4. It could be that, the webconsole dosn't support the Version 1.5.

regards,
Stephan Conrad
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

Hi

I uninstalled all the java components in the machine, restarted the PC, install the
j2sdk 1.4.2_06 which I newly downloaded now, set the JAVA_HOME path respectively, then restarted the PC, tried to install the webconsole, but same error continueing(it will take some time and the process goes to 1 to 100 after that it throughs the error)
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

which OS? 2k or 03'
in 03' the MS JVM is not included anymore and you may try installing from media. I noticed issues when trying to get the OVO/OVSD integrations working.

hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

Hi

The OS is 2k, and I installed the j2sdk1.4.2_06 which include JVM and its not the microsift version.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

What version of Web Console are you trying to install? If it is prior to SDSK_00049 (SP13) you might have trouble:

ITSM006974: Can't install web console when only recommended JVM is installed
menes fhtagn
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

Hi

Ya I got the solution, I successfully installed the webconsole on my machine, the problem is there is an OVO tomcat that couse error in which the conflict arise in between the OVO and webconsole tomcat trying to install. After uninstalling the OVO and installing the webconsole its working fine. thanks for the cooperation and support.

Thanking you
Jayaramu
jayaramu
Respected Contributor.

Thanking you
Jayaramu