The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visio at SD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
michael roitbur
Regular Collector

visio at SD

Hi,
if some one call tell me , if have some manual or guide, or something else, about integration of SD 5 and visio. i didn't found ;-(

thanks
4 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Re: visio at SD

I believe the integration you want is visio and SQL. You can pull all the views you want from the SQL Db using Visio. I have not tried it with servicedesk per say.

hth.
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Michael,

I am not aware of any products today that integrate Visio and OVSD. However, both products have rich APIs that will probably allow you to create your own integration in both directions. By the way, what type of functionality are you looking for?

-Josh
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I think that Michael is referring to the fact that in SD5 there are so called diagram views. Which are basically Visio diagrams with SD data overlayed.

There is not much about it in any of the manuals. The only information I've found is in the online help. Search for diagram in the help. Unfortunately the help seems to be buggy in 5.0 and can't display all pages :-(

Basically what you have to do is export the visio diagram in SVG format. Then, you can import that into SD, and link the drawing's objects with SD objects.
rodionos

Scroll down to section on SD and Radia

http://devresource.hp.com/drc/resources/SD5/index.jsp

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event