How can i show the tickets in the view based
on Workgroup which is SC Owner Workgroup(custom field)owning the ticket(SP 15),
because in filter for view only these conditions are there:
I am one of the approver,
I am part of 'assigned workgroup'

and here both the conditions are not applying
to the current user.
is there a way by which HPSD can check whether
current user belongs to a particular workgroup(apart from Assignment To Workgroup).
12 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: view according to SC Owner Workgroup

Hi,

I wonder if you could use sd_dataform where SC Owner Workgroup=[Registration;Modified by;] as the condition to filter the results. SD_dataform can be used n the -listalways mode to display a view.
Geek
Regular Collector

Can any body help on this?? it's very urgent requirement......
Geek
Regular Collector

is there any expert who can help me out in this problem??

Please respond if anyone knows anything...
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Mark is an expert and the answer that gave you is correct. The easiest way to do that (and I suspect the only way to do that) is using sd_dataform.
menes fhtagn
Geek
Regular Collector

Please elaborate on your suggestion as to how to use it. I haven't used SD_DATAFORM
before.

Thanks.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

There is no easy way to do this - using sd_dataform would mean that you have to run a smart action or run a DOS command (sd_dataform). sd_dataform is documented in chapter 5 of the system admin guide and there are tips on how to use it in http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712 .

May I ask why you need to do it?

Best practice (e.g ITIL) recommends that the Service Desk "owns" all calls and the Assigned to group is used to show who is responsible for the current work. Why do you need a specific owned by group?

Regards, Ruth

PS it is usual to give points when people try and help you
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Thats a good point. The service desk should "own" all Service Calls but the group that is assigned the call should be responsible for that call until they close if or assign it to another group/person.

In your case what is the distinction between SC Owner Workgroup (the custom field), the default assigned workgroup and the service desk as overall owner of the service call?
Geek
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

Actually, we are using a custom field named
SC Owner Workgroup, which captures To Workgroup, as soon as the ticket is accepted.
This is based on the requirements.
but what happens, here if we want to show
tickets based on ownership, it can not relate current user's id to his membership workgroups and show all the tickets where his workgroup is in SC Owner Workgroup.
this is because in the filter for Views,
in the 'Where I am' portion, it supports only To workgroup.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

There is no simple way to do what you want because HPSD is designed to work on SC being owned by the desk and just assigned to other groups.

I understand that you say it is requirement for tickets to be owned by a group other than the service desk but the product does not work like that and I would still like you explain why this is a requirement.

The only thing i can suggest is that you use a view grouped by your custom field and tell your staff to expand the node(s) which represent their group(s)

Regards, Ruth
Geek
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

Actually this requirement came as to track the progress on the tickets by the workgroup
who accepts/owns the ticket for the first time, then it can assign this ticket to other workgroup and for the whole lifetime of the ticket, this owner workgroup will be responsible for the progress on this ticket.

thus we needed to have an owner workgroup other than Service Desk.

I hope this would clarify the requirement.

Thanks for your responses.

Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

thanks for explaining why you need this but unfortunately, as I said in a previous posting their is no simple way to do this.

I can only repeat that a view which shows the calls assigned to the user's WG grouped by WG so that the staff can focus on the ones they "own".

Regards, Ruth
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

In my last posting, I forgot to say that my suggestion would mean that you would put everyone who is amember of the "owning group" in all other groups they migyt assign to, and use a view which showed all assignd to their groups which is grouped by the custom field.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event