The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users with XP pro with errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
brian benjey
Super Collector

users with XP pro with errors

I currently have had several issues with users not able to log into SD4.5 sp 5. They have not had problems before, then all of a sudden they get the error
" the following components are either not present on this machine or have an incorrect version number:
Janus GridEX (minimal required version: 2.0)
Chart FX98 (minimal required version: 4.0)
Please try to correct this problem 1st before starting the app"
We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SD, looked for these versions to install, still unable to get user logged onto SD. If anyone has any info on this please help.
thanks
Brian

6 REPLIES
Frans_F
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: users with XP pro with errors

These are references to third party product 'suddenly' not recognized as installed by windows.

These should be located under:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\

Just go to the respective rirectories like

Software GridEx Shared

and re-register the software by using the register.bat file in those directories.

Rg,
Frans
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Jesica97
Super Collector

Hi Frans
Is this problem solved by using the register.bat file in the Software GridEx Shared directory only?
In my case, I run all register.bat files in directories which are Software FX Shared,GridEX,Sheidan and SupraSoft Shared.
Someone told me to do that if some broblem like that brian registered
May have more information about each registered file in those directories?
Frans_F
Honored Contributor

Jesica,

Depending on what components you may only need to run one or all. To be safe running them all is no problem.

Rg,
Frans
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Jon McRae

The register.bat files just re-registers the .ocx and .dll files in the user registry. A recent external action has affected these entries.

Also, if you've installed Service Desk whilst logged in under one profile, but then log in under a different profile, you can still access the program files but these entries are missing from the registry.
Don't worry about anything that may never happen
brian benjey
Super Collector

thanks everybody for your help this worked..
users are (if they really ever are :) happy again.. thank you
N.Tomaselli
Occasional Contributor

I try to register Janus GridEX and Chart FX 98 run register.bat : Chart FX 98 is ok, but Janus GridEX display an error: "DllRegisterServer in GridEx20.ocx failed. Return code was: 0x80004005" and "DllRegisterServer in Grid20Fix.dll failed. Return code was: 0x80004005"
What I can do? Some help, please
regards
Nicola Tomaselli
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event