Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

users that run the db rule

Highlighted
michael roitbur
Respected Contributor.

users that run the db rule

hello,
I have a intergration user, with this user i run a sd_event to create a incident.
we have a db rule , that when it's create a incident with status major this open a banner in the help desk monitor.
the question is , with who user the rule run? with the user that create the incident or with system , or other

thanks you
7 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: users that run the db rule

Hi
that depends from SP, after 13 all DB rule exexute fron System account, you can look on history tab where information abou creator and modifier.

Vassili
michael roitbur
Respected Contributor.

Hello Vassili
we have SP 11 on SD 4.5

thankx
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Michael,

When you set up the DB rule to display a banner on a specified machine, no matter who enters the request/incident if it meets the criteria the rule will run, it doesn't ness depend on the integration user, anyone who creates an item that meets the criteria will launch that rule.

hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
michael roitbur
Respected Contributor.

thank marc for the awnser , but i didn't understand ;-(
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Michael,

What I meant was simply if criteria for the rule is met, the rule will run reguardless of who the integration user is. Unless the rule is specifically tied to who created it.

hth
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Bryan Johns
Regular Contributor.

Any interaction with the desktop for command-exec actions goes through the OVSD Agent. Therefore this will run in the context of the OVSD Agent Service, which is (Windows) Local System by default.
michael roitbur
Respected Contributor.

not relevant more