Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

use of web.xml file for SD application server failover scenario

Highlighted
CA1457266
Respected Contributor.

use of web.xml file for SD application server failover scenario

Hi,

I am trying to find a failover solution for Service Desk. In my scenario,I have one Web server to which my web clients are connected. This web server in turn is connected to two Service desk application servers. We have a file called web.xml file on the web server which contains information (IP address/url) of the SD application server to which the request coming from any web client should be routed. I want to know if we can achieve the following through the web.xml file of the web application server:-
1. If I have more than 1 SD application servers (as metioned above) can we mention the information (IP address/url) of these SD application servers in the web.xml file?
2. If 1. is possible then if the first SD application server in the list fails, will the request be routed to the next SD application server?

It would be great if anyone is able to provide any info on this.

Regards,
Anu.
2 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: use of web.xml file for SD application server failover scenario

Hi
By my vision NO.

Vasily
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: use of web.xml file for SD application server failover scenario

Failover for service pages is not provided by Service Desk. See: http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=OV-EN018813

You could use a virtual address for the two SD app servers that is routed to one or the other by a network load balancing solution.