Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

unrelateChildConfigurationItem does not work any longer (SP17)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mark Teichmann
Super Contributor.

unrelateChildConfigurationItem does not work any longer (SP17)

Since our upgrade from SP9 to SP17 the method IConfigurationItem.unrelateChildConfigurationItem is not working any longer. Although the method looks the same in web-api.jar for SP17 now we get an Exception: null when executing the function. The same error was posted in another forum in 2003 but in SP9 we used this function without a problem.
unrelateParentConfigurationItem in the child ci also does not work.
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: unrelateChildConfigurationItem does not work any longer (SP17)

Mark - did u recompile the CLASS? Perhaps the underlying functions need this to be done?
Mark Teichmann
Super Contributor.

we are two different programmers using different code and IDE (NetBeans and Eclipse). For myself I can say that I built an Eclipse plugin from the web-api.jar and included into my rich client app. After switching to SP17 I created a new plugin from the web-api SP17 and included this one. Therefore I assume that Eclipse is recompiling the whole project when changing the related plugins but I am not 100% sure about this. In general this bug was fixed in SP8 therefore I wonder why we see this again now. Maybe something on our server is not ok.
matt laine
Valued Contributor.

Hi, I actually did recompile the whole project from NetBeans, after having linked to the new API jar.
The problem is still here, although support docs said it has been fixed in SD 4.5 SP8.
I have opened a case with HP support, I will update this thread when I have news.
matt laine
Valued Contributor.

Ho, by the way Mark, it's matt :)
matt laine
Valued Contributor.

Here's the status of the case.
I recreated HP testing environment with the same JDK version, the same web-api.jar, and compiled/run the same sample source with the same commands.
It still raises an exception on my side, while HP reports it works on their side.
Waiting for HP answer, now.
matt laine
Valued Contributor.
Solution

Status: after a lot of testing, HP acknowledge it was indeed a bug.
The bug is : you cannot use unrelatechild and unrelateparent from the web API if you have security implemented at folder level.
Using an account with global CI access is ok.
We requested a hotfix.