unable to import org with adress

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Yolanda_5
Super Collector

unable to import org with adress

Hello.

I'm trying to import some organisations with related address data.
The pure org data are imported, but the address data are not.
I get the following error:

com/hp/ifc/wf/AppEntitySet while processing attribute REGION

The fields are in the same excel file, no problem with upper/lower case... it looks like it doesn't like because it's an address.

I've tried a separate import task for these fields after importing the orgs, but I get some other error regarding not enough primary keys(This instance of direcciones can not be processed, because not all primary keys values have been provided.
While processing direcciones (id = 5):)...
I use the org SEARCHCODE as primary key to import the address to the correct org record.

Anybody had a similar problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks
6 REPLIES
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor

Re: unable to import org with adress

Hi Yolanda,

import issues like this are usually due to the fact that the mapping is incorrect or because something is missing. When importing addresses, address is an item in its own right. (there should be a template named "Address". You will have to import these using whichever primary key you choose. Once you have done this you should be able to related them to the organisations. I had similar problems with telephone number imports. A search of this forum should unearth the answer if this doesnt point you in the right direction.

hope this helps?

Nick
Pint of Carlsberg please?
Yolanda_5
Super Collector

Thanks Nick

I think I know how to do it now.

Yolanda_5
Super Collector

Hi again.

It works now, but I got some other issue.
When I import telephone they look like this in SD:"9.77510618E8"

I've tried to format the colum in excel as TEXT, because the database field in SD is string40, but got the same result.

Anybody has how to solve this?
I got a similar problem with zip codes, which get a thousand dot in the middle: "800.1"

Any hint will be appreciated

Thanks a lot

Yolanda
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor

Hi Again Yolanda,

I'm glad I was able to help with the import, thanks for the points.
Regarding the problem with phone numbers I have not been able to get around the problem of the excel odbc drivers instisting on changing any whole number into a decimal number by adding ".0" to each number. There are however a couple of workarounds you can try.

1. create the xml file and then edit it in a text editor

2. save the source data in a different format (csv, txt or even Access db) and therefore the odbc connection will need to use a different driver.

The solution that suits you best will depend on the number of records you need to import.

I've searched the web endlessly and even tried different excel drivers, no matter how you format the column the odbc extract seems to insist on doing this. It may be data-exchange procedure that causes this but I've only seen the issue when exporting from excel. Best of luck with this frustrating issue.

Nick
Pint of Carlsberg please?
JNM_2
Super Collector
Solution

Yolanda,

I used the following to format the telephone number in the .ini file:

'(' + LEFT([PHONE],3) + ') ' + MID([PHONE],4,3) + '-' + RIGHT([PHONE],4) AS [PHONENUM]

The above will give you a telephone number in the format of (800) 345-6789 assuming the input number is in the format of 8003456789.

I hope that helps!
Yolanda_5
Super Collector

Thanks Joe
It works great!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event