The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to delete Service Calls

Highlighted
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

unable to delete Service Calls

Hi All,

I am trying to cleanup the OVSD Database by deleting all the cases those logged & tested before launching onto production. I could delete few cases without any issues, whereas while deleting few service calls, i get the following error.

---------------------------------------------
281486088209224java.sql.SQLException: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Tue, 26/12/2006 11:05:38 JDBC error 1205: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction., SQL state: 40001 for query: SELECT T1.hsc_oid AS C0
,T1.hsc_lockseq AS C1
, CAST(3037593606 AS NUMERIC) AS C2
FROM itsm_historylines_servicecall T1
WHERE T1.hsc_ser_oid = ?
Values:
281486088209224java.sql.SQLException: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Tue, 26/12/2006 11:06:09 JDBC error 1205: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction., SQL state: 40001 for query: SELECT T1.hsc_subject AS C0
,T2.acc_showname AS C1
,T1.hsc_created AS C2
,T1.hsc_system AS C3
,T1.hsc_oid AS C4
,T1.hsc_lockseq AS C5
FROM ( itsm_historylines_servicecall T1
INNER JOIN rep_accounts T2 ON (T2.acc_oid = T1.reg_createdby_oid))
WHERE T1.hsc_ser_oid = ?
Values:
281486088864256java.sql.SQLException: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Tue, 26/12/2006 11:06:41 JDBC error 1205: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction., SQL state: 40001 for query: SELECT T1.hsc_oid AS C0
,T1.hsc_lockseq AS C1
, CAST(3037593606 AS NUMERIC) AS C2
FROM itsm_historylines_servicecall T1
WHERE T1.hsc_ser_oid = ?
Values:
281486088864256java.sql.SQLException: [SGX-OVSD1\SERVICEDESK]Transaction (Process ID 59) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

---------------------------------------------

does anyone know how do i get rid of this error and delete the cases successfully?

Thanks in advance.

raman
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: unable to delete Service Calls

Hi
look on your SQL server on process with ID 59. kill this proces or restart the SQL server.

Vasily
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Vasily,

Thanks for your reply. i shall check that on the sql server.

btw, i also noticed that this behavior is happening on those service calls where the history tab has a blank value. I.e. which ever service call has a blank history value cannot be deleted. any comments on this behavior?

raman
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

About History: I had this effect when my DB lost FK(HSC_SER_OID_FK) between ITSM_Servicecall and ITSM_HISTORYLINES_SERVICECALL table.

Vasily
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I tried the following:

* stopped the OVSD appserver & agent
* Stopped SQL Server
* Started SQL Server, OVSD Appserver & Agent
* Deleted the said service call.

this time, it never popped any error not deleted the service call. The

only enty that i could find in the logfile is shown below: