Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

unable to automatically set Service Level and SLA on incidents

Highlighted
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

unable to automatically set Service Level and SLA on incidents

Hi folks,

I have configured a Service of type Operations management and verified the attributes, found all fine. WHen I try to insert a CI on the Incident form, the Service Level and SLA shoudl be set automatically, but this is not happening inspite of configuring the attributes like "Service Level" & "Managed by Service" on the CI to desired values respectively.

When I manually set the Service field to the desired value, the default SLA value get erased and this field is set to blank. If I Change the Severity to any other value other than the default value set on the default template, then the SErvice Level as well as the SLA fields get populated with the value configured for the Service.

Is there anything that I am missing to have the Service Level and SLA values populated automatically when CI is set on the Incident form?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

raman
12 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: unable to automatically set Service Level and SLA on incidents

Hello,

In theory at incidents, OVSD will set the most strict Service Level taking into consideration Service, Service's SLA, and CI's Service Level.

Well, same as you, it didn't work. So it would be better first to insert the service and then the CI, in that case CI's service level will be auto-inserted.
menes fhtagn
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. I did checked what you asked for, but observed the following error:

"The current service may no longer be relevant. Click Yes to clear the service: Service Desk will perform a recalculation to retrieve the most applicable service when you save the incident. Alternatively Click No to retain the currently selected service."

this clears off the service level that is set already.

Any pointers.

regards,
Raman
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, you are right. I saw our process and I 've noticed that we leave service empty.

However you can try once incident is created to use DB rules to modify the "Impact". Maybe this will change the Service Level to the appropriate one.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

It is a bug. Service Level calculation needs a "push" to recalculate and it is not done automatically. Try opening a case to HP.
menes fhtagn
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Which version is this? 4.x or 5.x?
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. I shall check the DB option else would log a support case with hp and find out what they have to say.

thanks once again.

raman
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Raman, I have a case for this with HP for SP22. The SL determination for Incidents is described in the diagram Fig 11-6 of the V4.5 Users' Guide - but HP have confirmed that all this is only done when the record is saved (not when the service is entered) so you can't do things in UI rules relying on the service level being there.
I get the problem that changing the Service clears the SL first, then changing the Impact forces an SL to be entered...but the wrong one. When you save after this, the correct SL is NOT recalculated as per the diagram. HP are having some trouble reproducing the problem but I should hear back this week. Will keep you posted......Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Ken,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I did check the behavior what you observed and is absolutely working as you mentioned,except thing is I am yet to check by saving the record. In general, I am observing the same behavior what you are facing. So, please do keep me updated on the progress of your call or let me know the URL and I shall keep track of the progress.

Thanks a lot once again.

Regards,
Raman
Arumugaperumal
Trusted Contributor.

Hello ,

Any updates you got from HP on this issue.

Please post this asap.

Thanks in advance.
Arumugaperumal
Trusted Contributor.

Any luck?

-Thanks
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi - we never really resolved the case. See if you can follow it from this link. In the end HP labs sort of said it was a "feature" whilst local support agreed with me it seemed more like a bug. I have up !!!
http://support.openview.hp.com/casemanager/case/Atlas-200406734
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi - we never really resolved the case. See if you can follow it from this link. In the end HP labs sort of said it was a "feature" whilst local support agreed with me it seemed more like a bug. I gave up !!!
http://support.openview.hp.com/casemanager/case/Atlas-200406734