cancel

trying to extract recent Service Call item updates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jorge Perez_2
Contributor.

trying to extract recent Service Call item updates

New to developing for Service Desk 4.5. I need to extract Service Call information based on the last 10 minutes of updates to any call.
I read that V1033_Service_Call has all the information I need. Can someone provide the Create View statement to create this view?
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: trying to extract recent Service Call item updates

Hello Jorge,

I don't know if this is legal to post this here. However you can ask your DBA to show you the definition of the view.

I don't know what DB are you using, if you use oracle you can try TOAD providing that you have access to the DB. If it's sql, you can use the query analyzer. In both cases you can show the definition of the view, providing you have the access rights.
menes fhtagn
Jorge Perez_2
Contributor.

I dont have the V1033 view. I was hoping that someone has already created a similar view and can provide me with the create statement. Fast response George.
Jorge Perez_2
Contributor.

It is an Oracle db
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Jorge,

If I'm not mistaken, these views don't exist unless you create them.

Administrator Console/System Panel/Report Settings/[GENERAL]/(RE)generate database views for reporting...
menes fhtagn
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Jorge - if you've generated the views as per George's response, you should have the v_service_call view in the database (or v1033_service_call depending on the options you used when generating - ie whether you have ticked "Use language ID in view name" or not).
Once you have the views generated, you need to write a SQL query, or Crystal report or whatever against the database, selecting all the Service Calls that have been modified in the last 10 minutes. (Using the "Modified" field in the view to get the time each Service Call was last modified).
However, if you want to actually see all the changes from the audit log, you will have to get into the v_history_service_call view and play with that (probably joining the v_service_call view to it).
Your DBA should be able to help if you don't know enough SQL. Hope that helps. .....Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au