The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to find a field in Service Desk database

Highlighted
DAVID JIMENEZ_2
Regular Collector

to find a field in Service Desk database

Hi everybody:

I am working with Service Desk 4.5 SP24 installed on windows server 2003. I'd need to know in wich db field I could find the real duration of a service call. I am working on a quality report and I'd need this value to finish it. Anybody could help me, please? Thank you very much in advance,

David
5 REPLIES
DAVID JIMENEZ_2
Regular Collector

Re: to find a field in Service Desk database

Any help would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

david
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Hey David,

I'm chained to OVSD 5.1 right now and I'm not sure if its much different. What do you define as "real duration" though? Is it the sum of the times spent on the user actions? Is it the sum of time in certain statuses? Is it the difference between Actual Start and Actual Finish? Or perhaps Creation and Actual Finish?

DAVID JIMENEZ_2
Regular Collector

Hello:

The last one is the correct. It's the difference between Record registered (creation) and Actual Finish. The value within sevice call, appears on the fourth rim (Time/Cost). I'd need to know where find this value in database.

Thank you,

David
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Hmm... I don't have a time/cost tab on my Service Call form. Could be either a 5.1 difference or I just don't have the form configured to show it. I have a field called "Actual Duration" but when I display that in a view it reads "6:00 pm" for all my records... so I don't think thats it.

Are you using a specific reporting tool to present the information? If you're using Crystal Reports we could easily create our own formula.
DAVID JIMENEZ_2
Regular Collector

Yes, I'm using Impromptu (by Cognos). I think that is similar to Crystal Reports.

The problem that I have is I don't know as to bear in mind only the values corresponding at working days. When I subtract the two dates, I am bearing in mind all hours (including weekends, hours out of the timetable, ...)

Any idea?

Thank you,

David
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event