The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the assignment status problem

Highlighted
jorrey
Super Collector

the assignment status problem

when the assigned person open the form, the assignment status changes to accept .if we create DBRule basing on this ,when we open an assigned form we can change some field value,this time the field value has been change in database but not change in UI ,then if change some filed value on the form of UI and save it ,the ui will popup a window of "merge result". how do we do to avoid this.
8 REPLIES

Re: the assignment status problem

i do not understand what you want. could you explain what you are trying to do?
Why create a DB rule on the assignment status? or why create a UI rule on this?
maybe you just opened the form to quick and didn't the db rule had the time to perform the changes yet.
we have been where you wanna go..
jorrey
Super Collector

I want to do like this:
1.servicecalls have two status:"assign to 1st","1st processing";
2.a servicecall assign to a 1st person,
then the assigned 1st person open the servicecall
3.when the assigned person open the servicecall,ovsd auto change the servicecall status from "assign to 1st" to "1st processing"
4.we realize this by the DB rule. when the "assignment status" change from "new" to "accept" ,we change the servicecall status from "assign to 1st" to "1st processing"
5.when I do according to 4 ,the assigned person change anything on the ovsd form ,ovsd popup a "merge result " window
jorrey
Super Collector

when we click the "save and close" button ,the first pop-up window is:
jorrey
Super Collector

when click the "Yes" button on the top picture pop-up this windown

Hi jorrey,

I would create one UI rule fe:
when a value has changes, where assignment status=accept (*) and status=assign to first then update date set status to 1st processing.
then you do not need to create all these db rules for updating the status field...

In this case no DB rule is needed, and you are rid of the merge issue.

I hope this helps..

Lawrence

Jorrey (*) means that this is the field that changes, the other condition is just that it happens with this status and no other.

L
jorrey
Super Collector

I have try using UI rule. but when the assigned person open the form OVSD do follow :
first,ovsd change the "assignment status" to "accept" .
second, return the assignment status "accept" to UI.

so,the UI can known ,the assignment status is "accept" do not change to "accept".
so, the UI rule is of no effect!
jorrey
Super Collector

according to UI rule and windows wscript to refresh the form!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event