Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text suppression in a field

Highlighted
Fenny_1
Collector

text suppression in a field

hi,
I integrated my SD 4.5 SP 17 with TeMIP 5.1. Now i can automatically create TT's from TeMIP into SD.
Now i want to suppress a data in a field. For example the info which i'm getting in Site ID field is 'ABCDEFGHI BSC 1011'.
the information which is usefull for is only 'BSC 1011' i want to suppress the rest. How can i do that in SD?
Please help me in this regard. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
7 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: text suppression in a field

Hi,

you can set a rule to use a data update function to trim characters from the right or left hand side of a text field. Are the preceeding characters that you do not want the same number of characters each time? if so this should work. If not it will be difficult to use the rule to trim the characters as you want.
Fenny_1
Collector

hi,
Are you talking about Database rules or UI rules?
N plz tell me the difference between them?
For a bit more into what am trying to do. am picking this info using a Database rule, so if its possible using the DB rule tell me how wud i do that.

waiting for your reply
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Details attached
Fenny_1
Collector

Mark,
I have made a DB rule and it works but then i blocked the rule just for checking. Now when i unblocked the rule but its not working. Should i need to do sumthing else to make this rule work?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you shouldn't have to do anything else really. You can block the overall rule or just the individual parts of the rule. Besure there is a check in the box for the rule its self.

Other that this block or delete the rule and try a create a new rule and see what happens.
Fenny_1
Collector

Hi Mark,
Thanx for all your timely suggestions problem is solved.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello M.Fayyaz,

It's a good policy to assign points to the posts that answer your questions instead just closing the thread.

Please have a read on http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28
and kindly assign Mark the points he deserved for the time he took to help you.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event