Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system account is named user in SD4.5 Sp12

Highlighted
Jason C. Basket
Super Collector

system account is named user in SD4.5 Sp12

We are running SD4.5 SP12 and it doesn't appear that the system account can be change from a named user. I am setting up a seperate admin user that will be a concurrent user save on named users and I want to be able to re-use the named user license that system is using without deleting the default account.
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: system account is named user in SD4.5 Sp12

System account should remain named. What if you have a problem that needs system account to log on with and all concurrents are taken?? Additional admin accounts may be concurrent but again it is advisable to have system admins as named.
Jason C. Basket
Super Collector

Mark,

I understand the intent of having it named, but didn't realize that when purchasing X named users, you really are only getting X-1 because the system account is taking up 1. Anytime you add more named users than you have licenses for, none of the named users can log into the WebConsole due to license usage rules. I haven't tested it out with the Client to see if they could login or not. We realized this when we first setup our accounts and setup the named users that we allocated to be and none of them could login to the WebConsole.

Thanks again,
Jason

Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

The system account does not use licenses.

As far as I know the system account doesn't use the licenses that you have purchased..
so you do not need to change from named to concurrent (which is not possible btw)

Lawrence
we have been where you wanna go..

chapter 2 admin guide:
Service Desk Administrator account.
Each installation of the Service Desk application server must have at
least one Service Desk administrator account. This administrator
account has all the roles and authorization requirements to access
every function of the Service Desk application. The Service Desk
administrator does not count as one of your licensed users.
we have been where you wanna go..
Jason C. Basket
Super Collector

Well, I can't recreate the error in the WebConsole. OVSD will not even let you assign more named users than you have. When I saw the error in the WebConsole, I backed out one of the named users. All is well now.

Thanks again,
Jason
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event