Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop closing related service calls when problem closed

Highlighted
Christie Graham
Super Collector

stop closing related service calls when problem closed

Hi, I currently have the following database rule which closes related service calls when a problem is resolved:

When problem is created or modified
where Status (*) equals ResolvedORProblem ReviewORClosed
AND NOT (Updated Related Service Calls equals Yes)
Set Related Service Calls to "Resolved - Call Customer" (Update Data) Service call;Solution set to [Solution]; Service call;Status set to Resolved - Call Customer,
Record that Related Service Calls Updated (Update Data) Updated Related Service Calls set to true

My issue is that if some of these related service calls are already closed, they are re-opened with the status set back to 'resolved - call customer'.

I was wondering if there is a way i can edit that rule so that it firstly checks if a service call is already closed, and if so, then it wont update it (i couldnt see any service call fields to select from when creating the condition in the rule)
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: stop closing related service calls when problem closed

HI
Modefy the Rule and remove from "Status set to Resolved - Call Customer" and select another field, example Source ID and set in Source ID word "close by change", set in Rule. But create DB Rule in SC when Source ID is set and Solution not empty Set Status to Resolved - Call Customer.

Vassili
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

oh, sorry SC rule must be next:
SC when Source ID is set and Solution not empty and Status not equal "Resolved - Call Customer" Set Status to Resolved - Call Customer.

Vassili
Christie Graham
Super Collector

Hi Vassilli

Can you please elaborate on this for me:

"set in Source ID word "close by change", set in Rule"

I'm not too sure what you mean, nor how to modify the problem database rule to incorporate the source ID properly (ie. as an attribute or a fixed value etc).

Can you tell me also what a source ID is exactly? Is it a database value assigned to each service call to act as a unique identifer or something? Not too sure...

Thanks
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
This is not ID, I spoke about "Source ID", but you can use any otherfrom Custom field.

Vassili
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event