Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart action outlook

Highlighted
Gail D
Collector

smart action outlook

I have 2 email issues. I've just setup an email (Outlook) smart action. (SD4.5 SP10)

1. If I have Outlook open and want to send an email from a SC ticket using "email smart action" it will open a new Outlook window and create the email but will not use the already opened Outlook.
Is there a way to have the smart action send email from the already open?
Action Application:
Command: Outlook.exe
Start in: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\"

2. Using the smart action to create an email, the text changes to lower case in the email. How do I fix it to copy the data exact?
Smart Action:
Parameters: mailto:[Caller;E-mail]?subject=Service Call Number:[ID]&body=[Description] Information:[Information]

Thanks,
Gail

5 REPLIES
Chris Bailey_3
Honored Contributor

Re: smart action outlook

Gail,

I can help with issue 1, I believe. Change the command from "outlook.exe" to "outlook.exe /c ipm.note". This should open a new e-mail message.

Alternatively, you can pass a "mailto:my@address.com" type URL to Internet Explorer, and that should work as well.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks,
Chris
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

another approach is to use mailto: protocol in combination with rundll32.exe (default HPSD uses iexplore.exe, but this solution is nicer)

See my attached screenshot, it is written in Dutch, but the important items are in English...

Jasper
Gail D
Collector

I'll try both and will let you know. Thanks to both of you.
Gail D
Collector

Jasper,

Thanks. I used what you sent me and it works great. I'll have to use the forum more often. Chris, thanks to.
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Gail,

I struggled getting this to work nicely and Jasper's method is definitely the best. Please give him 10 points (not that he needs any more :)

Cheers
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event