Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single signon In H.P Open View Service Desk

Highlighted
PRAVEEN_24
Super Collector

single signon In H.P Open View Service Desk

Hi,

We have a portal in our envirnomnet where H.P Service Desk Service Page is one the Web Link. Every time HPSD Authenticates before we are logging Service call. Is it possible to bypass the Login Page i.e User name and password will be picked automatically from the portal and the user will be able to log a service call without Authentication.

Regards,
Praveen

8 REPLIES
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Re: single signon In H.P Open View Service Desk

Have a look at the page 'ServicePagesNoLogin.jsp' in JSP directory of SD-SP45. This page is used by HP OPenview Service Information Portal to logon under water into SD.

Jasper
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

You can do this, if
- use the same username in SD as in the portal
- use known passwords for SD (generate them using some algorithm, or store them somewhere)
- modify Login.jsp to automatically authenticate

Gyula
PRAVEEN_24
Super Collector

You can do this, if
- use the same username in SD as in the portal
- use known passwords for SD (generate them using some algorithm, or store them somewhere)
- modify Login.jsp to automatically authenticate

Gyula

Hi Gyula,

- we have the same user name as that of portal since we have LDAP Integrated to HPSD.

- Also we have decided the password will be generic for all the contacts.

- we have no idea how get the logged on user name from the portal or from the Operating system, since the user will be in the domain after he has logged in to portal.

need ur I/P if any ...

Thanks for quick response

Regds,
Praveen
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Assuming the portal knows the user name and password when it calls sdsp, you can modify the link that goes to the page Jasper mentioned:

http://yourserver/sd-sp45/ServicePagesNoLogin.jsp?vLogin=username&vPassword=password

If you don't know the password, then you have to modify ServicePagesNoLogin.jsp to retreive it.

Gyula
PRAVEEN_24
Super Collector

Hi Gyula,

I tried with the url provided by u,passing the username and pwd, I am getting Acessed denied message from the server.

Please find the url :
http://yourserver/sd-sp45/ServicePagesNoLogin.jsp?vLogin=system&vPassword=pwd123

Also I need one more suggestion,how will I pass username in to the url dynamically when a user's is opening service page from the portal.

need ur help,as I am in some project and I have to achive this solution ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen
PRAVEEN_24
Super Collector

PRAVEEN_24
Super Collector

I got the solution by passing the value
http://10.100.16.31:8080/sd-sp45/ServicePagesNoLogin.jsp?vLogin=system&vPassword=pwd123

Thanks & Regard,
Praveen Janardhan
Pinion
HPE Expert

Hi PRAVEEN,

I'm also looking for this solution can you please give me some hint...vie email, kriengsak.lomket@gmail.com

-_-"

Thank you very much,
bR,
Krieng.
-/\-
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event