service pages

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nathan Brand
Super Collector

service pages

Hi
I'm going to upgrade the service desk from 4.5 sp11 to sp20 (server client, agent)
Can I stay in service pages at sp11, even for couple of month? (The service pages compiled with java 1.4.2_6). The service pages use to open calls (can uploads attachment), viewing lists, closing or reopen.
4 REPLIES
JaS_4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: service pages

Nope. It will use the database which will be at SP20 and complain that your version is out of date and please upgrade. For sd, the sp version has to be the same level for everything, client, server, agent and etc.
The only one which may be different but will eventually run into problem is the integration package. I have seen some people running fine with the base integration package on their ovou server but they eventually ran into problem later on.
Nitros
Acclaimed Contributor

Nathan, can you share to the community a set of scripts you have implemented to work with attachments via SP?
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

FYI. Before your upgrades, please remember to keep a copy of all the jsp that you have modified or they will get overwritten. Some may need to be revised if new jsp was introrduced via the upgrade.
Nathan Brand
Super Collector

Ok.
Its can work with different java j2sdk level
The server use the default java & JAVA_HOME but the service pages are changed at
..\server pages\bin\installtomcatservice.bat in two points:
* DEFAULT should be change to the java directory of the version we want "c:\...\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"
* %JAVA_HOME% also to the same directory.

- for the service pages we are not use the exaples given with the instalation nor jsp but everything is writen in java servlets + the web-api.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event