Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk graphs & tracking

Highlighted
Leonardo De San

service desk graphs & tracking

Hi hi,

I have SD 5.1 and I would make a graph of a set of variables that I import by 'import mapping'.
I noticed that my variables are overwritten everytime I import them, so I can't make a graph with a temporal trace of them, but only a graph with their real time value.

Is there a method to have it with SD?
(somebody told me I have to use OVPI but I would avoid it)

thks
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: service desk graphs & tracking

Which record type are you importing? Data Exchange will use the unique key to modify a record if it is there or create it if not. I would hope that careful choice of key could leave your records there and create new ones?
Leonardo De San

Our data are integer (values of 12 sensor inputs).
We see that every time we make a graph we have a picture of all 12 values, but we would have 12 graphs of every input (it seems that these 12 values are overwritten everytime but we want to store them).

Are you saying that we could import new data choosing not to overwrite? If yes how we can do? they don't have to be unique key?
Or the data are stored but however we can not make graphs of them?

In few words we would have a history of our values on SD but we have no idea on how to do it or if we CAN do it!!!

Thank you very grazie
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

So I say again - which record type are you importing, what does the import mapping say about the unique key?
Leonardo De San

Sorry I don't understand what you are asking.
how can I do to answer you?
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Well - you said first off that you import data by 'import mapping' - we need to know more about this.
Leonardo De San

I import from NNM 2 values: a tag id, that is the name value and the primary key too and a value that is the number that i need to graph.
I have an Internal Attribute with the name that i gave in SD to this value...then i have an External Attribute with the name that this value has in a script in NNM.
In NNM i have a script .bat that sends to SD 12 value each 5 minutes, when they come from the sensors by a get to snmp agent, and all those values go perfecty in SD table. I would like to graph them but when i create it i can see only the last 12 elements... my NNM script is repeated 12 time, so there is only one value that changes 12 times for every 12 elements...
What i would like to know is: is it possible to have a graph with the historical course of my values?If yes how can i do it?
I hope to have said everything that you need to help me.
Thank you very much for all
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event