Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

service desk 4.5

Highlighted
fplopez
Super Contributor.

service desk 4.5

I have installed Service Desk 4.5 in a Windows 2003 server Standard Edition and I have errors when I try to get access by the Service pages. All seems to be ok except the frame where is the login and depending on if I switch on the Tomcat by Start-programs-service desk-service pages-start Tomcat or not, I have an error with Java
2 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: service desk 4.5

Most common error is to forget to create environment variable JAVA_HOME or to create it AFTER installing Tomcat service, in the latter case use the BAT files to de-install and re-install
fplopez
Super Contributor.

Re: service desk 4.5

Thank you for your fast answering, but I´m afraid that we go on having the same problem. We have de-install the service pages, we have delated the enviorement values (java_home, etc...), then we have installed the services pages, switched on the the application server, the agent, we put the enviroment variables (Java_home=C:\jdk1.3.1._03) and the we tried to start the Tomcat and then we could see the message "Windows cannot find '-Djava.endorsed.dirs='. Make sure you typed the named correctly,and the try again." I don´t why we have this message.

Thanks in advance