Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

service Page error

Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

service Page error

Hi,

I have installed HPSD 4.5 sp13 on my test server.but whenever I try to create new service call or anything else with even admin account,I get following error:

"You are not allowed to view this workgroup or this may have been deleted by another user."

Please suggest what I should do..

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil
5 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: service Page error

Hi Akhil,

You may have blocked some default workgroup field, which is causing this to happen. Check in the Administrator Console whether the Template being used to create the new SC or Incidents using Service Pages doesn't have any default Workgroup assigned to them.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

There is a hotfix that must be installed for SP13 which is specific for this error that shows up. I have attached it for you just place it in the on the server and client in the lib directory it will tell you to replace an existing hotfix.jar file which is 1kb with this one which is 7kb...
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

oh yeah just make sure you rename it to hotfix.jar

sorry but the forums attachments system changes the name of attachements
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Micheal,

Well thax for sending me the hotfix.jar file but I already have replaced before..and even than it was showing me the same result..I hope this is some known bug for service pages...also hotfix.jar is used for GUI bugs(if I am not wrong)..

pls suggest as what should I do to solve the problem

Regards,
akhil
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

The problem is resolved by some other workaround..thanks..