Did you mean: 

selecting a SC template via CMD Line

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Collector

selecting a SC template via CMD Line

Is there a way to auto-create a SC ticket using sd_dataform and selecting a SC templete to be used with the form is created?

I have to auto generate a month SC ticket that creates WO with related CI's so I created a template which works but now I need to automate this process.
I do see a way to schedule a DB rule to do this but I might be missing something.

Thanks for the help,
Gail
7 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: selecting a SC template via CMD Line

Hello Gail,

did you try "Template =
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Gail,

I think sd-event is what you want to use and use the import mapping to complete the fields and CI's etc.

This can be schedueld from a DB rule and the tickets created automatically.

SD-dataform will only open the record on the screen but a person still has to save the call down. sd_event will do more that sd_dataform for your requirement.
Gail D
Collector

I did try the template= but without ". I see both your points about the sd_event. I think you're both right, it would be a better solution.

thanks,
Gail D
Collector

I'm hoping you can help again. the sd_event worked and the SC and WO with related CI's where created.

I have 12 of the same templates, each with a different set of CI's. I need to generate one ticket monthly and not sure if it can be done using a DB rule or script it and use MS scheduler?

Do you either of you have any ideals for the best approach?

thanks,
Gail
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Gail,

for that I might favour running a script from a .bat file that the windows scheduler or a cron job would call and be configured to run every month

In the bat file you would need a cd statement to go to the directoy where the sd_event is and a call statement to run the command line and en exit to end.

Set the monthly task in the scheduler.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Gail,

Do as Mark suggested. sd_dataform cannot set template unless OVSD is patched and run in "special mode". You don't want your users to be able to run OVSD in "special mode".
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If anyone is interested I created a patch that enables template to be set from within command line (without the need to run OVSD in the "special" mode). However there is a catch: Only the values of template are loaded into the service call and not the template itself.

Anyhoo, anyone who is interested drop me an e-mail. My address (remove spaces) is
m e n e g a t o r at g m a i l . com
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event