Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

search calls without opening OVSD client?

Highlighted
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

search calls without opening OVSD client?

Hi All,

I would like to know if we could search calls (incidents/ Service calls) without opening the OVSD client? More like a command line interface to search by providing the incident no. or service call no. and if it just returns value that the call exists will do.

Cheers!
Sandeep
4 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: search calls without opening OVSD client?

Sandeep,

If you are using SD4.5, I can only think of sd_dataform with the -ListAlways argument as a native command-line tool to access Service Desk and retrieve info from it but it does open the client.

An alternative: create your own java program and use the web-api interfaces to retrieve the ticket info from the command line. Check Example1.java and Example2.java in your Service Desk 4.5 CD for details.

Hope that helps.
Points are welcome!

The Pike
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

You don't even have to use the API. Any web app or pre-written Crystal report could be used which simply uses SQL commands, on the V_ServiceCall or V_Incident SQL views.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Thanks The Pike and Ken. :)

We are using SD 4.5. What we are trying to do is check from another application if a particular call ID (Service Call/ Incident) provided in this is actually valid, that is SC/ incident is actually present in OVSD. So, using the sql command is not feasible as the load is directly on the DB and best way to go forward would be to use the command line thro' the SD Agent or a java script.
Any other suggestions?

Cheers!
Sandeep
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

in the other application write some code that checks the DB for the valid ID in OVSD?

Using sd_dataform will require the person to log into OVSD.