Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd_event - using with other character sets?

Highlighted
Sokre_1
Super Collector

sd_event - using with other character sets?

We want to use sd_event to enter the incident data that contains characters from Latin Extended character set. I read in the manual that it has to be done through some character-code conversions since it is 8-bit command.

Did anyone manage to do it or find some workaround?

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sokre

5 REPLIES
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

Re: sd_event - using with other character sets?

Hi.
I think that it should be useful int this situation to work with sd_event with the ini file. In the string LANGUAGE try to write this character set.
MODUS=insert
LANGUAGE=RU

As a workaround in the same problem I wrote a program in Delphi that replaced any non readable for SD symbols to another characters and launched sd_event with this parameters after it.
Sokre_1
Super Collector

Hi Ivans,

Hi I changed the LANGUAGE parameter and partially solved the problem. Some characters appeared. Did this parameter solved your problem or did you use the workaround with your custom app?

Could you please tell me more about the workaround? How did you decode characters on the server side?

Regards,
Sokre
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

Problem was not solved totally. Special characters like â ;%^ not imported in SD correctly. I write a simple program that I execute with a parameters (like sd_event). Inside program I worked only with text strings parameters. I analyze each symbol in the string and if it was one of the bad-imported characters I switched it to another character witch had a similar shape a just switched it for blank space. After this procedure my program executes sd_event with necessary params but with correct string.
Sokre_1
Super Collector

Ivans,

Did you decode those characters on the SD server side back to the original characters and how?

Regards,
Sokre
Ivan Sakharov
Frequent Visitor

No. It was not exact technical information, just text descriptions. There was no need to do that in my case.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event