Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

sd_event to update all objects types

Highlighted
Jason C. Basket
Trusted Contributor.

sd_event to update all objects types

I am new to sd_event and trying to find additional documentation for the .ini file and commands syntax for OVSD 4.5 SP12.

We have built an outbound email tool on all of the OVSD object forms. This work great, but now we want to take things to the next level and have replied messages parsed by a UNIX mail parser script that parsed the subject line and executes sd_event to update the information field of the object that they replied to. We will be including the object type and ID in the subject line for parsing (ei: WO-101, SC-200, INC-199, PRO-50, CHG-99). Once sd_event updates the information field, it would then be concatenated into the tickets diary log. All of the dbrules are setup for outbound email and diary logging, but now we need to setup the parser and sd_event side of the house for the replies. We are actually looking to not even use the OVSD SMTP server for inbound emails due to its lack of configurability to meet the customer's requirements of a fully functioning collaboration tool.

From what I have initially read, it looks like I would need a different .ini file and mapping for each object type. I plan on having all .ini files use the same integration account on the application server.

I have searched the forum and can't seem to find anything specific to .ini files variables and syntax for sd_event. I have also looked at the OVO Integration Guide.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: sd_event to update all objects types

Jason,

Yes, you will need a different .ini file and mapping for each object type.

The integration manual does document the process and give a lot of examples. Perhaps it would be easier to advance if you have a shot at the .ini file, and if it does not work, post the file and errors in the log here.

I am not quite sure what you mean by ".ini files variables" - an example of what you are trying to do?

-Josh
Jason C. Basket
Trusted Contributor.

Josiah,

What I mean by variable, is what all the different settings in the sd_event.ini are used for. An example is what MODUS and CLASSNAME are used for an what the different values you can use in the .ini file.

Jason
Jason C. Basket
Trusted Contributor.

Josiah,
I was able to get sd_event to work for work orders. The only question that I have is what is the available values for modus in the ini file. I am currently using update, but curious what the other options would be...

Thanks again,
Jason
Jason C. Basket
Trusted Contributor.

I found them by installing the running the windows exe with out any arguements.

-m [modus] --Modus being used: [insert | update | delete] (default: insert)

Thanks again,
Jason