Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd_event - incident not created

Highlighted
PS79
Super Collector

sd_event - incident not created

Hi, I am trying to create an incident using sd_event. The sd_event returned with no errors and the event specified was written to sd_event.log. When checking SD, I can't find the incident created.

We are using SD 4.5 SP 8.
5 REPLIES
Tim Schmitt_4
Frequent Visitor

Re: sd_event - incident not created

Have you tried searching for the record using the primary key you use in the import mapping?

If a record already exists with the same primary key, information transmitted via sd_event would only update the item and not create a new item.

JaS_4
Honored Contributor

You will need to refresh the gui, if you are checking via the gui or use logserver.txt and search for your id to confirm whether it was created.
PS79
Super Collector

I did a search on all incidents created on that day - and there was nothing returned.

The logserver.txt file - is this on the client side (ie. calling sd_event) or the sd server side?

The sd_event.log on the client does not have a confirmation whether the incident has been successfully created. The SERVER_RESPONSE= has no value assigned.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

I checked my sd_event.log. The successful ones have SERVER_RESPONSE = OK.
This mean you have issue with your sd_event. Checked if HTTP has been enabled on your sd server via the edit server settings.
Check if you can telnet to your sd server from the other box on port eg. 30980 that you have set in your sd_event configuration file.
Failing all those, install sd_event on your sd server and use that sd_event for checking to confirm whether it's the sd server or the comms to the sd_server.
Note: also ensure that your sd_event is at the same sp level as your sd server.
Good luck.
RoDrO
Super Collector

Hi,

If the indicet was created, your ploblem it could be the view that you use (for exaple Incidents stored) use the all incidents view and try to find it.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event