cancel

sd_event error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

sd_event error

When I'm trying to update CI record using sd_event.pl script, I get error (see attachment)
Trying update from windows environment using sd_event.exe all ok.
7 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: sd_event error

The Error is very self explanatory.

Even though you are not adding CIs, only updating them you still need to send the Search Code so it knows what CI is going to update.

Make sure to send a Search Code as a parameter in the sd_event command and then in the Import Mapping, map the Search Code with the Search Code value you are sending.

Points for assistance are welcome.
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

Trying to update CI record from Windows platform using sd_event.exe all works fine without searchcode, only with MAC as unique key and IP. But if I use perl script sd_event.pl on Linux system write error to sd_event_error file.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Sorry,

I won't be able to help as I do not know if SD is even supported to run in a Linux box.

Maybe the problem is with Linux' interpreter or perl version in Linux.

Regards;

Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

We use Perl 5.8.8
Maybe someone can help me
Michal Kovac
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Hi Oleg,
there is probably mistype error - at the end of mac parameter is one (orphaned) double quota sign:

VALUE_LIST=mac=001CC483BE7Eâ #ip=10.10.10.10#username=integration#password=integration#mapping=external_event#modus=UPDATE#classname=configurationitem#

BTW sd_event on linux boxes run IHMO OK.

HTH,
Michal
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

Michal, thank you for your help. Problem was with quote signs entered in command line.
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event