Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

sd_dataform for CTI interface

Highlighted
STEVE BECKMAN
Respected Contributor.

sd_dataform for CTI interface

SD 4.5 SP12

We are using the sd_dataform command with our CTI interface in order to provide a "screen pop" to our Help Desk analysts when a new call comes in. The code looks like this:
sd_dataform.bat "Service Call" "-ForceNew" "+Caller.Search code=ABC1234"

This works fine for us, but our analysts are reporting slowness issues when waiting for this screen pop to arrive. Sometimes it can up to a minute to display the form and the Caller information. From our initial investigation, it appears to be an issue on the Service Desk side and not the CTI side. The Form creation is what appears to be the slowdown.

We are investigating the possibility of conflicts with other applications or the virus scanning software as the cause.

Does anyone else use the sd_dataform for this type of integration? Is there another way? Have you had any slowness issues similar to this?

All help is appreciated.
11 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: sd_dataform for CTI interface

Hi Steve,

Never tried such an integration, but we did try to do something similar as a test. Even though I'd recommend that you use sd_event.exe for creating an automatic ticket, it will not get popped up as per your requirement.

For the slowness issue, try to increase the JVM allocated to the Application Server. This may help you out...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
STEVE BECKMAN
Respected Contributor.

Thanks. We do have the JVM set to use 500MB as a minimum and 1000MB as a maximum. Our server performance is looking great. Are you recommending changing any of the other settings on the Application Server?
James Chen_2
Respected Contributor.

Hi,Saurabh,Steve:

I'm encountering the same performance problem but I don't how and where to increase the JVM allocated to the Application Server, in AppServer or in Java conf panel?
STEVE BECKMAN
Respected Contributor.

You can adjust the amount of memory allocated in the sd_server.bat file if you are using the "Console Mode" for the application server. It is in the InstallService batch file if you are using a Windows Service.

You should see a line that states:
use this options when you have memory problems

Next will be the java command:
java -XX:MaxNewSize=64M -XX:NewSize=64M -Xms500M -Xmx1000M -cp lib\classloader.jar

This is where I adjusted the XMS and XMX values. Those are the minimum and maximum amount of memory allocated by each application server. 500MB min and 1000MB MAX

To use it, you will need to remove the REM statement from in front of that line and put it in front of the java command below it which does not specify these memory settings.

More infrmation on this is in the documentation. Installation guide I believe.
STEVE BECKMAN
Respected Contributor.

Update:

We found a fix for this issue. It appeared to be a McAfee scanning interaction with the CTI application that resides on the agent's desktop. McAfee was kicking in to scan it on each call record that came in since the search code of the user was different for each call.

To get around this, we moved the CTI application into a folder that is excluded from the McAfee scan. This is presenting the form within 3 seconds and then the information on the caller is pulled back within 2 seconds. So, 5 seconds is definitely acceptable.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

What CTI application are you using? Is the interface to SD via a generic command line call or something else?
STEVE BECKMAN
Respected Contributor.

It is a Symposium/Genesys system. I don't know much more than that. Our developer coded it to get the phone call to the agent's desk and then when that occurs, the sd_dataform.bat file is called on the local machine. We push the Caller's Search code along with it so the information is populated about the caller.
abrar.h
Frequent Contributor.

Hi we are trying to integrate Alcatel with SD so that new calls can be generated, status updates are done, and other information is sort.

could some one help me on this please. as i have no knowledge as to how to proceed.

like what should be installed on the application server, or on the client machine where this will pop up a call etc.

any help is highly appriciated.

regards,

Abrar A H
Zahir_3
Valued Contributor.

Hi Saurabh Dubey,

Could you pls.give me more detail on how you implement CTI integration using sd_event.ae.

Thanks in Advance.

Zahir
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry Guys for late response....

We had to integrate alerts coming in from monitoring tools.

A little bit of scripting was done to break up the error details in the alerts coming in from Monitoring tool.

We installed HP OV Service Events on the Monitoring tool server (which was required to send the alerts), and created an integration account for usage by the Servivce Events.

The requirement is to configure the Data Export , and Mappings to match with the parameters that you are passing - which can be done through the administrator console. This may be done for Service Calls or for Incident calls, or any other module required, completely as per requirements.

The parameters were passed to the sd_event.exe file which was executed as and when an error came.

This will open the ticket when required.

Hope the desciption was clear enough..

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
STEVE BECKMAN
Respected Contributor.

Abrar - I think the programming on the CTI side depends on the system you have for that. We have a separate development team that does that type of programming for us. We had some unique requirements such as processing the numbers that the users enter in on their phones. Basically once that is done on the CTI side, the application just needs to call the following:
sd_dataform.bat "Service Call" "-ForceNew" "+Caller.Search code=ABC1234"

The sd_dataform.bat file is one that is installed by default with SD.