Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd_dataform creating new project from change

Highlighted
dmann
Collector

sd_dataform creating new project from change

I have been working on this for awhile. I have it to the point that the action successfully creates a ticket in project with the fields filled in.

"Project" -ForceNew "+Status=In Progress" "+Description=[Description]" "+Information=[Information]" "+Planned Start=[Planned Start]" "+Priority=[Priority]"

My problem is here:

"+Requestor.Searchcode=[Requestor]"

or

"+Assignment.To person=[Assignment;To person]"

These do not work. I know that some of the issue is that the names are not unique.

For example, the searchcode is based on lastname only and is not unique, smith might return smith, bill smith, george, etc.

Even a unique last name, would be return lastname, first name.

Is there anyway to populate the requestor and assignment to fields from the sd_dataform properly?
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: sd_dataform creating new project from change

Hello,

Try +"+Requestor.OID=[Requestor;OID]" and +"Assignment.To person.OID=[Assignment;To person;OID]"
menes fhtagn
dmann
Collector

No luck with that. I get an error on CLI.

I tested by having the field placed into the Information field. They fields do not resolve.

"+Information=[Assignment;To workgroup] [Requestor;OID] [Assignment;To person;OID]"

The info field:
Document Mgmt [Requestor;OID] [Assignment;To person;OID]

If the field does resolve you get the actual data and not the field name.

Good idea. I think it is the right direction.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

I think I found what's wrong. Though you can set a string to Person's OID in ui/db rules you can't use [Person;OID] in sd_dataform. You can however create a custom text field (let's name it object_id) and set it to Person;OID through UI/DB rules. Once object_id get its value you can use it with sd_dataform.bat

Just Modify "+Assignment.To person=[Assignment;To person;object_id]"

object_id is unique because OID is unique. Make sure however through roles that only the administrator should have write access on object_id
menes fhtagn
dmann
Collector

Hi,

Unfortuantely, i have need to drop this for now. I do think this would work.

Thanks
dmann
Collector

I have had to drop this for now.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event