cancel

scheduled task queued up in SD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SeanJ
Outstanding Contributor.

scheduled task queued up in SD

I have seen 1200 queued up scheduled task in SD.
How do I decrease it?
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: scheduled task queued up in SD

Hi Daniel,

If these scheduled tasks are not running (because they are in the past) the only way I know to remove them is to us the attached SQL to remove all scheduled tasks. There is no way that I know of just to remove some of them.

I would recommend reviewing all the DB rules that use scheduled tasks and checking whether you can reduce the number of times a scheduled task is generated. for example by adding an additional condition to the rule which is not scheduled.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Daniel,

Before doing what Ruth proposed try to stop and then start the application server. Sometimes (I have seen it) it clears the invalid (occuring in the past) scheduled tasks.

However you must ALWAYS base your schedule tasks on CURRENT DATE and not to a saved date value in an items because this can lead to this kind of problem.
menes fhtagn
SeanJ
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi George
How do I find out thatr schedule tasks on CURRENT DATE or saved date value ?
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

I think it means that you may have to check your DB rules, which schedules the actions. The DB rules which schedule actions to be executed in a future date/time, should (better) trigger on an attribute which is constant (Ex: Created date/current date/etc) and not on an attribute which can vary over a period of time (Ex: modified time stamp).