The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role to denay access and\or view from users

Highlighted
shaul111
Occasional Advisor

role to denay access and\or view from users

Hi, i want to denay the access and the viwe from group X and the user inside this group, for example :user Y.
i want him to be able to see,work and do allmost anything in forms of service call for instance, but i dont want him or his workgroup to be able to see service calls that are not assignd to them.
how do i do that ?
thanks shaul
5 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: role to denay access and\or view from users

Hi,

To limit access to only the service calls assigned to the user's workgroup, Do that following. Go to Admin COnsole --> Security --> Roles. Open the role in question. Select Service call and click on 'Details' button. A new window will pop-up. In the new Window 'Access' page, select the required options. You can provide permissions to view or modify service calls, when assigned to the user/WG.

Hope this Helps,

Ram
shaul111
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
thanks for your help.
it didnt help.
i allready did this, and i have try to do this after what you wrote to me
as a solution.
for some unknown resone, i cant make the specific user\group see only the
service call that was assigne to them (user\group).
is there any othere way\solution for this matter ?
thanks shaul.
shaul111
Occasional Advisor

Hi, i still didnt get any answer for this matter, could someone pls try to help me with this issue ?
GiuBal
Collector

Hi, if problem is related to view only Service Call assigned to person or his workgroup you can filter with View
"Presentation -> View -> Service Call"
into the Filter at "More Choices" select "Where i am Part of the assignment workgroup" (see view in attach doc) then using Roles to assign this view to role for user.
Hope that could be usefull for you.
shaul111
Occasional Advisor

Hi, Thanks.
i will try your solution and i will update you.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event