cancel

reports in Sd4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

reports in Sd4.5

Can anyone please tell me how to generate reports from Sd4.5.

Thanks
swati
7 REPLIES
Tim Schmitt_4
Honored Contributor.

Re: reports in Sd4.5

Hi Swati.

There are a lot of ways to make reports from Service Desk 4.5. You can buy prodcuts from vendors, such as Westbury, which will automatically hook into you Service Desk data and make reporting a snap or if you already own a reporting tool, you should be able to coinfigure it to point against the Service Desk database.

Can you provide some additional details, like what reporting software you are using and what kind of report you want to make?
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

Hi Tim

Thanx for ur reply

Actually i want the report of the network related incidents for the last month and this month.I m new to this so plz tell me the steps for generating reports.
Whether i can use crystal reports,if yes then plz tell me the steps.

I will be very Thankful!

Thanx
Swati
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Swati,

Do you guys have a copy of Crystal Reports?
SWATI SHARMA
Honored Contributor.

Ya I hav a trial version of crystal report for 30 days.
Nasser Kolathum
Super Contributor.

Swati,

Why dont you set a view and filter based on description or CI components. You can extract the data via export functions.

If there are more records, you may use chart view to generate the reports. you may try these options via View> current view> defined views. For more information please go through admin guides.

Best regards,
Nasser
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Swati,

The best way would be to go through the SD4.5 User Manual. That would give you the correct detailed steps. The section on VIEWS will be the one you are looking for.

The best method would be to define a particular view based on the fields and then export it into an excel and then get the information into a chart or whatever you want.

Alternatively, something I did when people wanted to get the reports again and again, was to set up a small Jasper Reports server with the predefined reports in them. That would give them all the reports (fairly simple to do as well if you know either reverse engineering on JSP or JSP itself).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saurabh Dubey
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Swati,

In order to obtain SD reports you can use the following data sources:
- directly SD tables or
- SD views or
- your defined views

For generate SD views: Administrator Console -> System Panel -> Report Settings -> (Re)generate database view for reporting...

After that you can use JasperServer OpenSource Edition to obtain and to distribute your reports (no costs!): http://www.jaspersoft.com/JasperSoft_JasperServer.html

Best regards,
Mihai