cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-importing Service Calls after change in Excel

Highlighted
Rory Emmans

re-importing Service Calls after change in Excel

Ok here is my problem. We want to add a classification field the has a parent classification and a child or sub classification field e.g. Access \ Domain and that is not currently in the form. I have exported the service calls to a spreadsheet the has Access \ Domain for the classification field in a column and try to import it. I am getiing "No item found with this text" error during import. The XML file looks good and I can import the parent Classification field by itself without the sub classification field. I am doing something wrong or is this not possible to import both levels at the same time or at all?
3 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: re-importing Service Calls after change in Excel

If I understand it correctly, if you provide your classification name as 'Domain' (instead of 'Access/Domain') it should work. No need to give it with all the hierarchy information. But this is having a catch. You cannot have the same name in two different hierarchies.

-Ram
Rory Emmans

I do have some of the same classification subdirectory names across many of the parent Classification field as many as 5 or 6 in some cases. Can you import them twice the parent and then the sub (child) classification?
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you can do that. If the classification name is duplicated in various hierarchies, then it may not be possible to import them. However, lets wait for answers from experts. Some one else might have a solution/alternative for this.

-Ram
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event