The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"To Deadline" in my OVSD 5.1 does not show me correct value

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ali AK_1
Collector

"To Deadline" in my OVSD 5.1 does not show me correct value

I am using OVSD 5.1

First thing, can someone please let me know how can I find out the SP (patch level) version?

Secondly, I am using the the view "SD Open service Call View" to view my service calls, where I have the "To Deadline" field added. It does not seem to be working correctly. If the deadline is overdue also, it shows an incorrect positive value.

how do I get this corrected? Please let me know. Also, has it something to do with a DB rule or UI rule? If yes, please let me know how I need to frame my rule. Thank you so much all.
16 REPLIES
Ali AK_1
Collector

Re: "To Deadline" in my OVSD 5.1 does not show me correct value

Just to add:

I dont have any SLA defined. Will this have any effect on the To deadline?
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Ali,

For your first question:
"can someone please let me know how can I find out the SP (patch level) version?"

Run the following command in a command prompt window: ovsdversion

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Ali AK_1
Collector

It just gives me this information. it does not talk about patch level. How do I find out the patch level information:

The following products are installed on this system
HP OpenView Metric Adapters (v5.10.138)
HP OpenView Service Desk Agent (v5.10.138)
HP OpenView Service Desk Client (v5.10.138)
HP OpenView Service Desk OVO for Windows Integrations (v5.10.082)
HP OpenView Service Desk Management Server (v5.10.138)
HP OpenView Service Desk Service Pages (v5.10.138)
HP OpenView Service Desk Web API (v5.10.138)
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Ali,

v5.10.138 is SD5.10 Patch4

So it seems that you are running SD5.10 Patch4.

Please don;t forget to assign points for the help <:-)

Regadrs;
Randall Barrantes
Ali AK_1
Collector

I would be happy to assign points to you.. if you can let me know how I can come to the patch level that it is Patch4 by seeing 5.10.138?

Is there any website where I can get this information from? please let me know.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

If you go to the patches webpage and find the latest patch for your version of Service Desk, there will be a section called 'Supersedes'.

This section lists previous Service Pack releases for the same version. If you click on any of the superseded releases, the info/download page for an older Service Pack will open.

In the info/download page for the older Service Pack, look for the 'Patch files' section.

Tip: You may want to assign points for this answer as well as previous answers provided by other contributors. Each individual answer represents other people's time and effort... to help *YOU*.
Ali AK_1
Collector

Definitely.. you all deserve points and I will give them to you all. Thanks as always.
Ali AK_1
Collector

This answers one of my questions, but I still could not resolve my "To Deadline" related issues. Could anyone please suggest?
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Ali,

Where is exactly the problem with the "To Deadline" field?

If I understand correctly, your problem is with the way the value is displayed in the view? But how is the value displayed inside the record, same as the view or it appears ok?

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Is "To Deadline" a field that was included with one of the patches or a field that is unique to your implementation?

I don't have a similar field in my OVSD 5.1 nightmare.. er... system.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

The To Deadline field comes with the product in a standard installation.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Ali,

"To Deadline" is a field that comes out of the box, and it shows the amount of time remaining till deadline, probably that is why when you add such field to the view you see is as an integer value. If you add this attribute to the view, you will see it as an integer value.

"Deadline" is a different time/date field, that indicates the deadline time/date of each record. If you add this attribute to the view, you will see it in time/date format.

Ali, can you confirm that you are adding the appropriate attribute to the "SD Open service Call View"?
What do you want to see:
"To Deadline" or "Deadline"?

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

In the base version or a patch?
I'm looking again and its just not there. At least not in the Service Request table.

Not that I should care too much. OVSD has never calculated deadline correctly for us and we've built a whole Crystal implementation around getting useful data out of the system.
Thanks HP!
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Base version as far as I can remember...
I work with SD4.5 but my guess is it should be there in SD5.10. Can anyone confirm?

Try looking for it in the form designer. If you don't see it there, I wouldn't panic but I would suspect there's something really wrong with your system which would explain your constant ranting.
Ali AK_1
Collector

Thanks Err.

I am trying to look at "To Deadline" field which I have added to my "SD Open Service Calls queue". It correctly shows up for a few service calls, but for the ones which were modified by some rule, it does not show up currently.

I mean, when I open up a service call which has incorrect "To Deadline", I see a history line modified by "Rule Integration Account" and the deadline is modified to the same date as it was earlier, but the "to Deadline" is incorrectly calculated for such service calls.

I suspect this is some issue due to this Rule. I am unable to make out which rule is doing this.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Ali,

Here is more information about the "to deadline" field.

It is a computed field, which does not have a corresponding column in the DB.
Its calculation is done on each SD client upon display, which makes it a time
consuming process because of its related fields , like support hours, free days, and time zone, etc.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event