question to the script autowo

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Lukesch_1
Respected Contributor.

question to the script autowo

Hello,
I have a question to the script autowo which comes with the SP12 (I think). When I use it with Changes in SD every think is fine, but it is not possible to use the script with Servicecalls or Problems. I have done it in the way how it standes in the docu.Has anyone an idee why or can say me what I have to do that this work.

thx

Alex
6 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: question to the script autowo

For some reason best known to HP designers they only support chained Workorders beneath CHANGE, the WO beneath a call or problem cannot be put into predecessor order. Why this restriction is in place has puzzled me for some time (they probably have to have EXTRA code to prevent it!)
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Michael, the answer is obvious: Do you want Chained WOs? Pay for the change module.

You have paid for the change module but you cannot use chained WOs in other entities? Sorry, it was more easy for us (HP) to implement Chained WOs in changes and create a code that prevents this happening to other entities than actually implement it for the other entities.

Sad but probably true
menes fhtagn
Jasper Verweij
Acclaimed Contributor.

We discovered the same and still not understanding why... No idea if 5.0 will work differently but I expect nothing has changed.

Jasper
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

I was mean to HP but having chained WOs only in changes has a logic.

Consider why you need to have a chain of WOs on a service call/incident. It is somewhat logical to create a Change request for this things.

On the other hand you might want to have a chain of WOs just for the fun of it and I can't think any reason for not being able to do that except pay more license fees. And the worse is that even if you have paid license fees (change module) there is only one way to create chained WOs.

It reminds me of the situation with "Subcontract Service Calls". You are able to create them from the Action menu but cannot do this thing using data import.

However *especially* for Service Calls you can create a DB script that will actualy relate a Service Call to other Service Calls.
Maybe you can do that in workorders too but if you do this and even if it works, you may forget the support.
menes fhtagn
Jasper Verweij
Acclaimed Contributor.

George,

We have one specific reason for having chained WO's available in other entities: multi level approvals.

To enable these kind of tiered approvals you'll need workorders with approval mechanism activated. To ensure second approval step is started when first one is accepted, you'll need CHAINED WO's.

To enable these kind of logic we had to code logic ourselves to be included in one of our products. If hp provided the chained wo functionality rightaway we were more flexible to adopt multiple approaches for approvals from the start (it differs per customer...)

Jasper
Lukesch_1
Respected Contributor.

I look forward to find a solution for this. If somebody has found one give me a short message how. thanks