SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Carlos_211
Collector

predecessor work orders.

Hi everybody again !!

I have a new question..

I cannot set a predecessor and sucessor in work orders when they are assigned to a Service call. Is it posible for service calls, or it is only possible for work orders in changes?

Thanks again for all your answers :)
5 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: predecessor work orders.

Carlos,

Could you explain in a little more detail your problem. The creation of a predecessor or sucessor is completely independent of the item to which the last work order is related, so where, exactly are you having the difficulty.

-Josh
Carlos_211
Collector

I have a service call. And inside a service call, I can create serveral Work orders.

It is here where I cannot set with work order is predecessor or sucessor of which.

(But I can do that with the work orders inside the changes)

Is it clearer naw. Thank for your answer,

Carlos
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Carlos,

You can't do it for service calls. Workorders can be in predecessor/successor hierarchy only if they are related to a change. And once they are related to a change and a
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

...once they are related to the change cannot be unrelated as long as a predecessor/successor relation is established.
menes fhtagn
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

To add to this, why don't the workorders/pred-succ's show up in the pred/succ's tab?

Do all pred/succ need to be set up as a template initially? before being used as such?

How or rather can servicedesk pred-succ workorders be set up to only be editable when the pred/succ has been completed? otherwise I see you cant edit status, but that still leaves a bit to guess work as to which order the work orders need be completed.

Thanks
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event