Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound mail mess

Highlighted
Robin Goel
Super Collector

outbound mail mess

hey
i m using service desk 4.5 .when i insert any new mail id for yahoo than it does'nt wrk. can anyone tell me is here any setting or configuration for diffrent id's.it wrks only for our spesific domain.
can i mail on yahoo or other id.if yes plz tell me...........
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: outbound mail mess

Hi Robin,

Can you explain a bit more or post some screen shots as I do not understand your question.

Thanks

Ruth

PS if you find a reply helpful it is nice if you give some points
http://www.teamultra.net
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Robin,

There shouldn't be any such limitations. You may have to check the OVSD email ID configuration on your exchange/sendmail server. If there are any restrictions that the email ID cannot send mails outside of your internal domain, then this may happen.

-Ram
Robin Goel
Super Collector

he y ruth,
my question is that our clients who have yahoo or other id does'nt get mail from service desk, but our domain id members get the mals from sd.i wanna to solve this problem as a result all clients get mail.if is here any configuration or changes , than plz tell me

thanks
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

In tools>System>system panel>Email you set the name of the email server where emails from SD will be sent. As far as I know, it is the settings on that email server which controls who gets outgoing emails. so I think you need to look there.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi, I dont think that you need to specify the addresses for sending mail but only for recieveing.

Is the Openview server being used behind a firewall or similar device that is restricting mail from being sent to the mail relay or gateway?

As long as the openview server can relay to the internet you should be able to send mails to these tyoe f acounts.

I take it that all the person records have the corect internal and or external e-mail address in their records
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event