The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound e-mai error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Armando Macias
Acclaimed Contributor

outbound e-mai error

Hi i am running service desk 4.5 sp 12 in a HPUX

I have problems with email notification for incidents and service call where the rules was configurated for send to the assignment, in the catalog for persons, exists an e mail adress for these person, but the message is not sent to destiny....

if i runn the test e mail to an address, it is sent to correctly....

what is wrong with my configration....

these service was running last week... but now something its wrong... the configuration was not change , i am the administrator....

i hope you can help me
4 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: outbound e-mai error

Armando,

Its hard to say from your description. Your best bet is to look in the server log for error messages, or to see exactly what is being sent.

If it worked last week, and now it does not work - I am sorry - something DID change.

-Josh
Armando Macias
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi, i don´t have the archive server.log.... exists any other where i can search some application error?

i´m in a unix server and in the path /opt/OV/sd/server/log only have the files

hpovsdserver.log logclient.txt logserver.txt
hpovsdserver.pid logdatabase.txt

in the file hpovsdserver.log i do not have any message that start with error...

how can i activate a debug for the application, it´s possible?

thanks

Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Only debug option is in administrator console, general settings, email. Check email debug and then look for messages about email in logserver.txt
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Armando,

Check your server.log for keywords SMTP or SMTPERROR. There could be the possibility that someone changed something at the mail server's end.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event