Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

on call solution

Highlighted
Van der Vennet
Honored Contributor.

on call solution

Hi

does anyone has already received the question how to handle on call situation? SLM is not installed, but the cmr would like that a call with the highest prio gets escalated to the on call person when it's outside his working hours.
Via the actual start and actual finish I'm able to determine the deadline seen from the group, but I still need to find a solution to escalte. I should be able to compare the planned finish with the sys date and if not in working hours then escalte...

any ideas??

Lawrence
we have been where you wanna go..
6 REPLIES
Ragu_4
Respected Contributor.

Re: on call solution

Van
You can set dead line using normal priority and impact matrix. Esclation you can use the deadline.
If you need more info. please post actual scinario so that I can explain how to do it. we have done in many sites with out SLM
R*
Van der Vennet
Honored Contributor.

What I have created is normal deadline calcultation (default SLA on the smallest work time frame).
I have added the field planned finish which is filled with the deadline calculated following the openingshours of the workgroups. (planned duration etc.)

Now when PRIO 1 is chosen the planned finish is not used indicating that the actual deadline should be used.

What I need to do is compare the deadline to the actual time (system date) and compare this with the opening schedule of the assigned group. If the deadline is outside the openingschedule a notification should be done.

so, when the deadline for group x is 21:00 and they work from 09:00 to 17:00 a notification should be done.

At this moment I have created a notification box that shows the openingshours and the on call number.

hope this enough information

L*
Ragu_4
Respected Contributor.

Van
Yes thnaks for more info.
What you need to do is Set up an esclation rule DB Rule for notification / Alert, and the rule should be like this:
When the status = 'registered'
and Deadline is not empty

and evaluate that rule, and schedule that rule to take effect before the deadline (say 30 mintues) and action should be send email.
Is this something which you are looking for...
Van der Vennet
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ragu,

Well sofar I managed. The issue that I have is that I need to compare the deadline with the actual system time.
If the deadline is not in working time (as specified in the workgroups) then send e-mail, but if the deadline is in the working time from the group then do not send the e-mail. So I need to compare in fact dates with the operating system date...
Ragu_4
Respected Contributor.

Can you create a custom filed called SystemTime, and set that to current date
and then if the system time is not equal to deadline then send an email
Van der Vennet
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ragu,

I have created the custom field and called it messagedate. But this doesn't solve the issue since I need a trick to compare the date (messagedate) with the openingschedule of the workgroup.

So if messagedate is not between openingschelude then send email. problem is that this between function can't check the openingschedule...

At first I was thinking in the same direction when it hit me that I need to step out of the service call since I need to check with the assigned workgroup. And here I get stuck...

L*