Did you mean: 

new service call from email

Highlighted
elarosab
Occasional Contributor

new service call from email

brothers help me please

- information becomes empty field

when forwarding mail the information field (the body of the mail) arrives empty, if you create the ticket.
Please support me urgently.
thanks

7 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: new service call from email

You definitely have to tell us more.  Describe the environment and settings, provide a log file and e-mail example, frequency and details about the symptom, and so on and so forth.

Best guess: Business logic rule wipes the field clean or e-mail commands are being used incorrectly.

The Pike

elarosab
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Pike;
My environment is as follows:
I have installed HP SERVICE DESK 4.5 SPK13.
I have multiple accounts that generate tickets, they always havedone, has not changed anything and have these problems:
A. - When forwarding mail from an account with mail signing the ticket image is created but the field information (mail body) becomes empty.
2. - If sent from an account without signing if you complete theinformation field.
3. - Screens attached which shows the tool in the history field.

Thank you very much for your support and I hope I can support.
Sorry for my English I speak Spanish

The Pike
Honored Contributor

That's definitely more information but there is still more you could add,  for example, showing how things work correctly under different conditions and most importantly: include the log file entries pertaining to the e-mail messages you are showing in the screenshots.

For now, let's see if I understand correctly: any e-mail sent without signature correctly maps the body of the e-mail to the Information field of the History Line.  However, e-mail messages sent with a signature (and image) do not map the body of the message to the information field.

If the above is correct, then you need to be aware that Service Desk supports Plain Text format only.  Inline attachments such company logos or other images in signatures are not supported.

There might be a couple of workarounds but before I write any more, tell me if I have understood this correctly.  Also, consider giving kudos to this reply if helpful.

THE Pike

elarosab
Occasional Contributor

Hello;
Indeed it is true what you understood, is that before this incident withe-signature, logo came very well, put it as an adjunct tool within theticket, is that it stopped working and no motive.

Thanks for your support.

The Pike
Honored Contributor

If you cannot identify any changes that may have provoked this behavior change while having access to the system - then there is no reason for me to guess.

Anyhow, you could work around it by

1. Educating your users to tag the actual body of the e-mail with the :BEGIN and :END words.

OR

2. Forcibly stripping the unwanted information (inline image attachment/signature) from the body of the e-mail.

HTH.

Kudos are welcome!

The Pike

elarosab
Occasional Contributor

HELLO
FINISH AND BEGIN PUTTING THIS WILL SEND YOU ASSUMEYOUR IMAGE OF SIGNATURE.
CAN I FORCE TO BE REMOVED WITH A LAW FIRM please explain.
THANKS FOR

The Pike wrote:

If you cannot identify any changes that may have provoked this behavior change while having access to the system - then there is no reason for me to guess.

Anyhow, you could work around it by

1. Educating your users to tag the actual body of the e-mail with the :BEGIN and :END words.

OR

2. Forcibly stripping the unwanted information (inline image attachment/signature) from the body of the e-mail.

HTH.

Kudos are welcome!

The Pike

THE SUPPORT

The Pike
Honored Contributor

I tried reading what you posted about 5 times.  I do not understand what you mean.  You can try and post in your natural language and I can try to translate it myself.

The Pike

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event