The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new database rule

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Diaor81
Super Collector

new database rule

Hello,

I'm trying a new database rule for workorder, but it don´t work.

I have created a basic database rule and it don't work too -> the field deadline date is filled when status = closed.

I create a new workorder. I save it. I open it and I modifie status = closed, but deadline date don´t change.

I copy images.

Service Desk 4.5 SP25

Thank you.
5 REPLIES

Re: new database rule

You can solve this problem by using a other value then current date. You must use "add to current date".

See my screenshots how to solve this.

If you have problem with this please tell me that I will help you again.

You get the second screenshot when you click on the button behind "timespan" in the first screenshot!
Diaor81
Super Collector

Sorry, but it doesn't work.

I think that the problem is other because any rule for the workorder works.

They aren't blocked.

I can copy other examples if this help you.

Thank you.
Solution

I don't really understand what you try.

I have tried to make a workorder rule just like you did:
have created a basic database rule and it don't work too -> the field deadline date is filled when status = closed.

I create a new workorder. I save it. I open it and I modifie status = closed, but deadline date donà ´t change.

This ALSO DIDN'T WORK WITH me. Nothing happend, like if the database rule doesn't work.

To solve this problem i have entered a workaround in my screenshot from my first post.

You must take the following steps:
1. Open the Rule
2. Go to the screen that's called "Actualizer Datos" with you.
3. Fill "Campos" with actual finish, and click on the button behind it.
4. In the following screen choose "Add to current date"
5. Change the information from the screenshots i gave you.
6. Now save the rule and it works!

If this is not what you mean please tell it to me and i will try to help you. Maybe i don't understand is correctly.
Diaor81
Super Collector

Thank you, but I created a rule as you indicated, and when I change the field that determines the rule, nothing happens.

I told you an example, because I can´t create a rule for workorder.

I think that I didn't know well explain my problem.

I´m going to tell you that I want to do exactly, without examples, because I think that telling you with examples hadn't been a good idea.

I have a service call and I want to associate a workorder to that service call.

I have a tab for workordersn where I´m going to do the follow thing:

- I hit the button in order to add a new workorder and it opens a new empty workorder´s form.

I have seen a default rule in SD that complete the workorder with data since the service call when you open a new workorder , but it doesn't work as the rest of rule workorders.

My conclusion is that any workorders rules works because I have something wrong in the configuration.

I don't know if you can help me.

Thank you.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event