The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple groups assigned views

Highlighted
Saxo Javier
Regular Collector

multiple groups assigned views

Hi

I am trying to make views that show items (PRs in this case) assigned to multiple workgroups. I use a filter to:
Criteria - "Field - Assignment - To Workgroup"
Operator - "equals"
Value - "TEAM1"

If I add a new line with a TEAM2, then nothing is shown, it seems like one criteria blocks the other one.

Is there any way of working around this without creating/modifying any existing groups?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: multiple groups assigned views

Hello Saxo,

I'll take that you are using OVSD4.5 with SP<19

In that case each criterion is ANDad to other criteria. To have the ability of complex view filters (AND/OR/NOT) you need to upgrade at least to SP19.

However, in your case, if in the criteria instead of "Assignment;To Workgroup" you select "Assignment;To workgroup;Searchcode" you can use "Contains (OR)" as operator and comma separated list of values at value. However there is a limit of 80 characters in the "Value" field.
menes fhtagn
Saxo Javier
Regular Collector

thx. we are running on SP17 and no upgrades to 19 in the near future. thanks for you suggestion :-)
Craig R Taylor
Collector

I actually use this for my filter:

Assignment;To Workgroup;Search code

Then I put in the search code something like this:
SOC-ENT; ITOV

You could alternatively put the full search code in for the search code.
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event