Did you mean: 

modify SC/INC/chg/Prb Numbers generated by OVSD

Highlighted
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

modify SC/INC/chg/Prb Numbers generated by OVSD

hi,
i am using SD 4.5 SP 18.

Is it possible to customize / modify the Change / Incident / SC / Problem numbers being generated in OVSD. i.e. instead of starting the ID’s from 001, 002 etc, is it possible to configure OVSD to generate numbers something like CHM06-00001, CHM06-000002 etc (for change records) and something like SC06-000001, SC06-00002 etc for Service Calls?

Also, consider for instance I created certain test calls (say around 10 test calls) and deleted all these test calls. When I put the system into production and users start using, the next call generated would start from 11 which is as expected. Is it possible to start from 001 after deleting the test cases?

thanks in advance,

raman
2 REPLIES
Craig R Taylor
Collector

Re: modify SC/INC/chg/Prb Numbers generated by OVSD

The field itself is a numeric field so it will not allow text in it. A lot of the functionality of the application is tied to it. The ID field is also a primary key from my understanding so it shouldn't be modified.

To get the effect you are looking for I would create a custom field that uses the existing ID number to help populate it. (Concatenations rules would allow for this)

I'm not sure of your reasoning for a custom identifier for items in any event. Whatever is created will be just as arbitrary as a number and will be no more user friendly. It will also make managing the application and extending its functionality more difficult. If you decided to proceed with this, I would really consider if this is the best way to go.

Craig
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Re: modify SC/INC/chg/Prb Numbers generated by OVSD

thanks for your reply.

however i may have to drop off implementing the feature that i was looking for as it seems to be not much useful. will convey customer not to go for this.

Thanks once again for your reply.

raman
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event