migrationSD45 SP17

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
fplopez
Regular Collector

migrationSD45 SP17

Hi everybody,
I have installed the application server of SD45 SP17 inside a virtual machine and I would like to do a backup from this virtual machine to a physical one. I suppose that the only thing that I have to do is to miggrate the database but I don´t know how to do it.

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES
Michal Kovac
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: migrationSD45 SP17

Hi fplopez,

ad "the only thing that I have to do is to miggrate the database", almost true :-)

ad "how to do it", it depends whether you are using oracle or ms sql db engine, briefly f.i. (first also stop HP OV SD application server/s):

oracle, on old machine provide with export (exp system/@ file=sddb.dmp log=sddb_exp.log owner=servicedesk,servicederepo /presuming "two user" schema/) and on the new machine create empty oracle database plus user/s and run import (imp system/@ file=sddb.dmp log=sddb_imp.log full=y)

ms sql, simplest way is via MS SQL Enterprise manager Detach database (right click on db, select All Tasks/Detach Database) and on new machine Attach Database (right click on "Databases" and select All Tasks/Attach Database) plus create user and assign appropriate db role/rights to attached database

HTH,
Michal
fplopez
Regular Collector

Re: migrationSD45 SP17

thank you very much for your confirmation.

regards
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event