The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local log files in Service Desk

Highlighted
Xavier Idrovo
Occasional Contributor

local log files in Service Desk

I have a local log file - logclient.txt which is getting larger and larger. How do I delete or purge the contents of this file. Do I even need it? This is on the client side.
3 REPLIES
stoney_2
Regular Collector

Re: local log files in Service Desk

I had a logclient too. I got out of OVSD, deleted the file, restarted OVSD and it automatically recreated a new logclient.(it is useful to diagnose problems)
its a long way to the top if ya wanna
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Xavier,

this file contains the errors/warnings that may occur in the specific client.

It is not recomended to have logfiles larger than 3MB, so to get rid of this file, you need to close your SD client, then delete the file (you can rename it and keep a backup if you like), once you re-start the client a new logclient will be automatically created.

The usage of this file is the same as the usage of the logservers, trace any errors that occur, only in this case at a client level.
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Johnny Blad
Acclaimed Contributor

You don't have to close ServiceDesk.

Try this program, it helps us. It's really great, and can also be used on the server.
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

It also has command line options for scheduling; run 'unlocker -H' for description.

We have SD 4.5 SP8.

Regards
Johnny
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event